12 Apostles Express Tour
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
We leave the city at 8.30am and travel through beautiful farmland scenery, via an inland route, straight to the amazing 12 Apostles. Your friendly driver/guide will keep you entertained with stories and commentary, or you can just catch up on some nap time!. On arrival at the Shipwreck Coast we start with a look at two of the Apostles from beach level at Gibsons Steps before moving on to explore the various clifftop lookouts at these world famous rock formations right on the wild Southern Ocean. It's the best time of day to be there, you will avoid the crowds on the longer one day or two day tours, we give you more time to enjoy the views, and you get the best possible light for your photos. You will also have time for an optional short helicopter flight, at your own expense. After a lunch break in nearby Port Campbell (bring your own or enjoy a cafe lunch with beautiful beach and ocean views) we then give you another one hour to explore the equally stunning Loch Ard Gorge. Then we head straight back to Melbourne, inland again, returning around 6pm. That gives you time for an evening out in wonderful Melbourne or perhaps onward travel.
PLEASE NOTE this is not a full Great Ocean Road tour. We take a direct inland route to the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge ONLY.
Here's what's included, with us there is nothing hidden and there are no extra costs!
- Maximum group size is 11 people in a comfortable aircon minibus.
- Melbourne city departure 8.30am. Please note our pickup and drop-off instructions.
- Travel time 2 hours 45 minutes with a short coffee/snack/toilet break.
- 11.30am, 30 minutes at Gibsons Steps (depending on access, it is sometimes closed to tour buses) then one hour viewing time at the main 12 Apostles lookouts.
- 50 minute lunch break in Port Campbell. Lunch is at your own expense to give you more choice. Or you can save time and money and bring your own.
- One hour viewing time at Loch Ard Gorge.
- Return travel time, via the same route, 2 hours 45 minutes with a coffee/toilet break.
- An informative commentary from your friendly driver/guide is included.
- We return at about 6pm with one central drop off point.
- All times are approximate, but we will always give you the full scenic viewing time.
- All food and drinks are at your own expense
Pickup and drop-off is at one central city location, the Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders St, between Queen and Elizabeth Streets. Most city centre hotels are within 15 minutes walk, often much less, or you can use our free city centre trams. Have a look at the map on our Contact page. We only have one central drop off point on this tour because it's a very busy time for traffic in the city centre. It will be quicker to walk or take a free tram back to your accommodation.
Included in your tour price:
All tour costs and Port Campbell National Park entry fees. Lunch is at your own expense with a variety of options or you are welcome to bring your own.
Childrens price: Includes children aged 4 to 15 years. This tour is not recommended for infants.
What to bring:
Bring a fully charged camera, water and snacks. Wear comfortable walking shoes. From October to March bring a sunhat, sunscreen and an extra layer for possible cool coastal breezes, even on warm days. From April to September wear or bring layered clothing to adjust to changing temperatures. Include a warm top layer and a waterproof/windproof
jacket and a warm hat. Be prepared for possible rain showers in any season.