Great Ocean Road Day Tour with Melbourne Small Group Tours
- Duration: 13 Hours
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria
- A maximum of only 11 guests in a new, comfortable minibus.
- A convenient central pickup point.
- 8.30am departure. This means a later evening finish but this also means we travel behind all the other tour buses, not with them! It also allows plenty of time for breakfast and meeting us at our central pickup point.
- All the Great Ocean Road highlights, including some that are missed on the big buses.
- Morning tea at the beach with fresh brewed coffee or tea and homestyle biscuits and cake.
- Aussie pub dinner with options for all tastes and requirements. A lunch break is also included in Apollo Bay with lots of options to buy your own. Or you can bring something with you to save time and money.
The journey itself is also a highlight!
- Our first stop on the Great Ocean Road is the seaside town of Anglesea. Enjoy fresh brewed coffee and cake at the beach.
- We continue this iconic road trip with stunning ocean views, photo opportunities and a stop at the Memorial Arch.
- At Lorne we enjoy the views from Teddys Lookout, missed by the big tour buses.
- More classic Great Ocean Road views and photo stops
- Wild Koala spotting and there's always a chance to see Kangaroos, Wallabies, Echidnas and colourful parrots along the way.
- Lunch! We stop in Apollo Bay, a charming seaside town. There's plenty of time to buy lunch from a variety of cafes and shops and enjoy an ice cream and a wander along the beach.
- We then follow the road through the Otway National Park and include a short guided rainforest walk.
- Then it's the Shipwreck Coast! The world famous 12 Apostles, Gibsons Steps and Loch Ard Gorge.
- On our way home via the inland highway we include a classic Aussie pub dinner, with several choices to suit everyone.
All tours depart from one central Melbourne location, The Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders Street Melbourne near Elizabeth Street. Most city centre hotels are within 20 minutes walk, often much less, or you can use our free city centre trams. Passengers will be returned to any city centre accommodation at the end of the tour. If your accommodation is outside the city centre/downtown area please ensure you have suitable transport available for when we return, approximately 10.00pm in summer or 9.30pm in winter.
Included in price:
Return tour with commentary, National Park entry fees, morning tea and a one course evening meal. Lunch is available for purchase in Apollo Bay.
What to bring:
Bring a fully charged camera, water and snacks. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
From October to March bring a sunhat, sunscreen and an extra layer for possible cool coastal breezes, even on warm days.
From April to September wear or bring layered clothing to adjust to changing temperatures. Include a warm top layer and a waterproof/windproof jacket and a warm hat.
Be prepared for possible rain showers in any season.
Note: This tour is run by our partners at Melbourne Small Group Tours. For further questions and enquiries please contact Travis at Melbourne Small Group Tours directly.
ph: (+61) 0466 041 432