Enjoy a fantastic day out exploring the best of Victoria's scenery, and seeing some wildlife too, on the road trip of a lifetime!
- A maximum of only 10 travellers in a new, comfortable minibus.
- A convenient central pickup point.
- 9.00am departure. This means a later evening finish but this also means we travel behind all the other tour buses, not with them! It also allows plenty of time for breakfast and meeting us at our central pickup point.
- All the Great Ocean Road highlights, including some that are missed on the big buses.
- Morning tea at the beach with fresh brewed coffee or tea and homestyle biscuits and cake.
- Aussie pub dinner with options for all tastes and requirements. A lunch break is also included in Apollo Bay with lots of options to buy your own. Or you can bring something with you to save time and money.
- Our first stop on the Great Ocean Road is the seaside town of Anglesea. Enjoy fresh brewed coffee and cake at the beach.
- We continue this iconic road trip with stunning ocean views, photo opportunities and a stop at the Memorial Arch.
- At Lorne we enjoy the views from Teddys Lookout, missed by the big tour buses.
- More classic Great Ocean Road views and photo stops follow before a short walk at Kennett River to see wild koalas and colourful parrots.
- Lunch! We stop in Apollo Bay, a charming seaside town. There's plenty of time to buy lunch from a variety of cafes and shops and enjoy an ice cream and a wander along the beach.
- We then follow the road through the Otway National Park and include a short rainforest walk.
- Look for wild kangaroos at our secret roo viewing spot. Sightings are up to the roos and not guaranteed!
- Then it's the Shipwreck Coast! The world famous 12 Apostles, Gibsons Steps and Loch Ard Gorge.
- On our way home via the inland highway we include a classic Aussie pub dinner, with several choices to suit everyone.
All tours depart from one central Melbourne location, The Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders Street Melbourne near Elizabeth Street. Most city centre hotels are within 20 minutes walk, often much less, or you can use our free city centre trams. Have a look at the map on our Contact page. Passengers will be returned to any city centre accommodation at the end of the tour. If your accommodation is outside the city centre/downtown area please ensure you have suitable transport available for when we return, approximately 10.30pm in summer or 9.30pm in winter.
Included in price:
Return tour with commentary, National Park entry fees, morning tea and a one course evening meal. Lunch is available for purchase in Apollo Bay.
What to bring:
Bring a fully charged camera, water and snacks. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
From October to March bring a sunhat, sunscreen and an extra layer for possible cool coastal breezes, even on warm days.
From April to September wear or bring layered clothing to adjust to changing temperatures. Include a warm top layer and a waterproof/windproof jacket and a warm hat.
Be prepared for possible rain showers in any season.
Childrens price includes children aged 4 to 15 years. Infants price includes children under 4. The family price can include 2 children or 1 child and 1 infant, but please let us know.
BOOKING MORE TOURS. We would love to take you to another destination! To book two or more tours together, start by booking one tour then before you fill in your personal information you will see 'Make another booking' at the top of the page. When you receive your email confirmation please read the information carefully and note the different pickup times and different information for each tour. Sorry we are unable to offer a discount for taking more than one tour, our prices are already as low as we can manage.
Please note there are price increases from April 1st 2018.