Great Ocean Road Tour
- Duration: 13 Hours
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Enjoy a fantastic day out exploring the best of Victoria's scenery, and seeing some wildlife too, on the road trip of a lifetime!
- A maximum of only 9 adults or teenagers in a new, comfortable minibus. We do not sell the two rear seats.
- Free accommodation pickup, between 8am and 8.30am, and drop off at about 9.30pm.
- 8.30am departure from the city. This means a later evening finish but this also means we travel behind all the other tour buses, not with them! It also allows more time for breakfast.
- All the Great Ocean Road highlights, including some that are missed on the big buses.
- Morning tea at the beach with fresh brewed coffee or tea and homestyle biscuits and cake.
- Aussie pub dinner with options for all tastes and requirements. A lunch break is also included in Apollo Bay with lots of options to buy your own. Or you can bring something with you to save time and money.
- Our first stop on the Great Ocean Road is the seaside town of Anglesea. Enjoy fresh brewed coffee and cake at the beach.
- We continue this iconic road trip with stunning ocean views, photo opportunities and a stop at the Memorial Arch.
- At Lorne we enjoy the views from Teddys Lookout, missed by the big tour buses.
- More classic Great Ocean Road views and photo stops follow before a short walk at Kennett River to see wild koalas and colourful parrots.
- Lunch! We stop in Apollo Bay, a charming seaside town. There's plenty of time to buy lunch from a variety of cafes and shops and enjoy an ice cream and a wander along the beach.
- We then follow the road through the Otway National Park and include a short rainforest walk.
- Look for wild kangaroos at our secret roo viewing spot. Sightings are up to the roos and not guaranteed!
- Then it's the Shipwreck Coast! The world famous 12 Apostles, Gibsons Steps and Loch Ard Gorge.
- On our way home via the inland highway we include a classic Aussie pub dinner, with several choices to suit everyone.
Please phone or email us the day before the tour to confirm your pickup time and location. It's usually easier for you to contact us than for us to contact you! If you are staying outside the city centre (CBD, downtown), Southbank or Docklands areas please contact us before you book for advice on how to join our tour.
Included in price:
Return tour with commentary, National Park entry fees, morning tea and a one course evening meal. Lunch is available for purchase in Apollo Bay.
What to bring:
Bring a fully charged camera, water and snacks. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
From October to March bring a sunhat, sunscreen and an extra layer for possible cool coastal breezes, even on warm days.
From April to September wear or bring layered clothing to adjust to changing temperatures. Include a warm top layer and a waterproof/windproof jacket and a warm hat.
Be prepared for possible rain showers in any season.
Childrens prices are not available but children 13 years old and over are welcome.
Cash payments on the bus are available for this tour. Please write Cash Payment in the Special Requirements box. When you click on Pay Now your credit card will not be charged. Any cancellation within 48 hours of departure will result in your credit card being charged the full amount owing. All fares are the same for cash or credit card payments.
BOOKING MORE TOURS. We would love to take you to the penguins as well! To book two or more tours together, start by booking one tour then before you fill in your personal information you will see 'Make another booking' at the top of the page. When you receive your email confirmation please read the information carefully and note the different pickup times and different information for each tour. Sorry we are unable to offer a discount for taking more than one tour, our prices are already as low as we can manage.